Ask Ken and Dave
Hi, we’d really like to know what’s on your mind. Send us a voice message with your question and you may be featured on Ask Ken & Dave – The Music Biz Q & A Podcast!
We’d first like to ask you to keep your question relevant to this site. In other words your question should be about songwriting or some aspect of the music industry. Keep in mind that if you have a question you need answered others will also benefit from the answer just as you will too by listening to other podcast submissions.
We use SpeakPipe.com, an application that you can use to send voicemail messages directly to us. You simply have to click on the “Start Recording” button to record your question. Then it allows you to review what you just recorded before sending it. If you don’t like the playback just record your question again until you like it, then submit.
Guidelines for submitting your voicemail question
1. Your question should be kept brief, less then one minute.
2. Begin your question by introducing yourself first and then ask your question.
- Sample #1: Hi, my name is Joe. I play in a band called “My Band Name” and I wanted to know how important is it to have a band website?
- Sample #2: Hello, my name is Mary. I’m a beginning songwriter and I would like to know if it’s OK to write in different styles or should I just stick to one genre?
3. Be polite and respectful of others. Any questions that we consider to be off subject or spam will not be considered.
4. If your question has already been asked and answered it won’t be used.
5. All questions that are selected to be posted to the podcast will be at the full discretion of Songwriters Marketplace. We will attempt to answer all questions. If your question is not posted to the podcast than we will email you with our answer. It may take up to one or two weeks to respond at times, depending on the number of submissions.
Please make note that by submitting a question to “Ask Ken & Dave” you are agreeing to allow us to publicly share your voicemail question on Songwriters Marketplace.
Thanks, we appreciate your participation!
Ken and Dave