Peter Spellman is an artist development specialist, helping musicians apply their entrepreneurial instincts to create success. He is director of the Career Development Center at Berklee and the author of several handbooks on music career development, including The Self-Promoting Musician: Strategies for Independent Music Success (2000/2008/2013, Berklee Press), Plan Your Band! (2009, MBS Business Media), Indie Marketing Power: The Resource Guide for Maximizing Your Music Marketing (2011, MBS Business Media), and, Indie Business Power: A Step By Step Guide for 21st Century Music Entrepreneurs (2009, MBS Business Media). A recognized expert on music industry trends, the impact of the internet on music, and music business entrepreneurship, Spellman is a popular speaker at colleges, universities, and music conferences around the country.
In addition, Spellman performs as a percussionist with ambient folk jazz ensemble Underwater Airport.
- The opportunity and challenge of today’s music industry
- The song still makes the industry turn
- Ascension of the musician business
- The power, reach and responsibility of today’s independent artist
- Carving out your own musical niche
- The new music model and it’s opportunities
- Thinking outside the “Musical Box”
- Why communication is the essence of marketing
- Generosity is key to opening doors
- Re-thinking the business plan
- What’s your X-Factor?
- Using creative alliances to magnify what you do
Get Peter’s Latest Book — click on the cover
Thanks for stopping by and listening. If you like this podcast please share with your friends, we’d really appreciate it!