Wade Sutton, Rocket to the Stars creator and director, spent nearly two decades working as a radio journalist before founding one of the largest artist development competitions in the Eastern United States in 2010.
Since creating Rocket to the Stars, Wade has worked to help singers and bands around the world by teaching them how to better interact with the media and fans, helping them prepare for interviews, writing artist biographies and press releases, and assisting in the creation of their electronic press kits. He also serves as a live music producer, helping artists make their live performances more entertaining, resulting in those clients making more fans, increasing their e-mail subscriptions, and making more money.
His articles on artist development have been read by people in more than twenty countries and have been shared by top music industry officials and voice instructors, marketing experts, radio stations, and bands.
- From Artist Development Competition to Artist Development Training
- The $150,000 Music Degree
- Learn to identify with and connect with your fans to make your show memorable
- Getting the audience to the merch table and onto your email list
- Building your fan base relationship
- The Free Music Model
“The Bribe to Subscribe”
- It’s not always just about the music
- Recharging your live show and taking control of the room
Planning your set list
Controlling the emotion and energy
Captivating your audience with the unexpected
Handling the microphone
Using audience eye contact
- After you collect the email address…now what?
Determine who your audience is and create your fan avatar
Connect with and entertain your fans through personable email content
Always be accessible and “real” to your fans
- The Three Levels of Fandom
Level 1) They know you exist – May know of you and recognize a song.
Level 2) Know you better – More interested in what you’re doing, may visit your FB or Twitter page and go to see your show.
Level 3) Super Fans – Love everything about you. Come to your shows, introduce you to others, buy your music and merch
Wade Sutton Links
Thanks for stopping by and listening. If you like this podcast please share with your friends, we’d really appreciate it!