Shannon Curtis is an independent songwriter, singer, performer, recording artist, and author. Her first full-length record of downtempo dreampop, Cinemascope, was released in June 2013, and received a nomination in the category of Best Producer in the 2014 Independent Music Awards. Cinemascope’s follow-up, Metaforma, was released on June 17, 2014. Curtis has also previously released three EPs, one acoustic LP, two 10-track maxi-singles and a live album, all on her own Saint Cloud Records label.
Curtis’s groundbreaking use of the house concert touring format has taken her on extensive nationwide house concert tours, and she has become a popular speaker on the topic at music industry conferences. Her how-to book on house concert touring “No Booker, No Bouncer, No Bartender – How I made 25K on a 2-month house concert tour (and how you can too)” was published in February 2014, debuted at #1 on both Amazon’s Music Business Best Sellers list and also their Music Business Hot New Releases list, and has been featured in major national publications like The Huffington Post and American Songwriter Magazine.
Shannon’s music has been featured prominently in independent film & in TV shows such as ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars, ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, and MTV’s The Hills.
- Look outside of the ordinary for other income streams
- Relationship based marketing
- When songwriting should be a craft and not the whim of the muse
- Songwriting on demand and where to find the inspiration
- Careful planning ahead is essential
- Be sure you’re on the same page as your host – who’s responsible for what
- The benefits of playing house concerts, the personal connection with your audience
- Developing a foundation of loyal fans and building your community
- Asking for the donation – how and when
- Make sure you have merch to sell
- Never be timid about asking family and friends to be involved
Purchase Shannon’s Book on Amazon
Thanks for stopping by and listening. If you like this podcast please share with your friends, we’d really appreciate it!