Wade Sutton, Rocket to the Stars creator and director, spent nearly two decades working as a radio journalist before founding one of the largest artist development competitions in the Eastern United States in 2010.
Since creating Rocket to the Stars, Wade has worked to help singers and bands around the world by teaching them how to better interact with the media and fans, helping them prepare for interviews, writing artist biographies and press releases, and assisting in the creation of their electronic press kits. He also serves as a live music producer, helping artists make their live performances more entertaining, resulting in those clients making more fans, increasing their e-mail subscriptions, and making more money.
His articles on artist development have been read by people in more than twenty countries and have been shared by top music industry officials and voice instructors, marketing experts, radio stations, and bands.
- How to be prepared when opportunity comes your way
- The difference between Promotion and Public Relations (PR)
- Always be professional – Don’t blow the opportunities
- When should you get a manager, and why?
- Booking Resources – Find and book your own shows
Indie On The Move
- “Why Bands Need to Stop Bitching”
What’s “fair” when booking your gig with a venue
- Putting together a Press Release
Be News Worthy!
Wade Sutton Links
Thanks for stopping by and listening. If you like this podcast please share with your friends, we’d really appreciate it!